Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014

Drunk Zebra is done

Drunk Zebra

Since the beginning of this quilt, I love the pattern.

Drunk Zebra

Yes, chain piecing the paper foundation piecing was boring, really boring.

Drunk Zebra

But, with a good audio book in the ears and some cups of coffee, every piecing has an end and you completed a whole quilt front.

Drunk Zebra

It took me a lot of thinking and time to decide, how to quilt this black/white quilt. I didn't want the quilting thread to stand out too much, but you should see the texture. I thought about a mid-grey color, but then I would be recognized on black and white.

Drunk Zebra

Lucky me found a varigated thread at one booth at the "Patchworkmesse Erding" this year and all I had to do now was quilt.

I used the Freudenberg Eco-Batting. It is a little sticky on both sides and this helps a lot, when you use normal needles to make the sandwich. It does not shift that much.

Drunk Zebra

After quilting this, I was very impatient to finish it and cuddle underneath. I used a tutorial for machine binding and this really works out great. I need to improve on binding like this but for the first time doing this, it was OK.

Drunk Zebra

The back is my beloved IKEA fabric

Drunk Zebra

I finished the quilt on first of October and like to showplace it on AmysCreativeSide

AmysCreativeSide.com

Happy quilting everyone :)

Kommentare:

  1. There is always something special about black and white. My goodness, what a lot of piecing but the end result was really worth it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The black and white is so striking!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I'm just about to start this quilt (I'm making it in blue and white), and like you, the question of how to quilt it has really stumped me! I really like how you ended up choosing to quilt it.

    AntwortenLöschen