Samstag, 4. Oktober 2014

Who needs new potholders?

My best friends birthday was last weekend and I asked him, what I can gift to him.
His answer: potholders :D

Since he is a big Doctor Who fan, the choice was easy.
My always reliable source for paper foundation piecing pattern has brought me a lot of possibilities and I chose two of these: Fandom in Stitches - Doctor Who

Lucky as I was, I found Insul Bright at a booth at the patchworkmesse in Erding this year.
I also bought the background fabric there, all other fabrics had been in my stash.

To protect the hands from both sides and not to need to use the side with the pieced fabric, I used this tutorial for the sewing: Pretty little potholder tutorial 
It was easy to follow and you guess right, without the ruffle.

Doctor Who potholders - Topflappen

Doctor Who potholders - Topflappen

Doctor Who potholders - Topflappen

1 Kommentar: